- China Bayles Mysteries by Susan Wittig Albert
An herb shop owner/former lawyer lives in small-town Texas.
- Luxury Liner Mysteries by Conrad Allen
Two ships’ detectives solve crimes in the early 20th century.
- Meg Langslow Mysteries by Donna Andrews
Humorous American mysteries. Meg’s engaged to an actor.
- Aunt Dimity Mysteries by Nancy Atherton
Cotswolds homemaker aided by the ghost of deceased Dimity.
- Agatha Raisin Mysteries by M.C. Beaton
Retired ad exec opens a detective agency in the Cotswolds.
- Melanie Travis Mysteries by Laurien Berenson
Melanie’s a poodle breeder, teacher, and single mother.
- Evan Evans Mysteries by Rhys Bowen
Young constable Evans solves murders in Llanfair, Wales.
- The Cat Who Series by Lilian Jackson Braun
Midwest newspaperman solves crimes with the help of his cat.
- Mrs. Pargeter Mysteries by Simon Brett
Melita, the wealthy widow of a criminal, lives in London.
- Mrs. Jeffries Mysteries by Emily Brightwell
Inspector Witherspoon’s housekeeper in Victorian England.
- Mrs. Murphy Mysteries by Rita Mae Brown
A Virginia postmistress’ dog and 2 cats solve mysteries.
- Charles Wycliffe Mysteries by W.J. Burley
Detective Superintendent Wycliffe works in Cornwall.
- Ellie Haskell Mysteries by Dorothy Cannell
Interior decorator solves humorous cases in an English village.
- Miss Marple Mysteries by Agatha Christie
A spinster solves mysteries set in an English village. Classic.
- Sam and Hollis Mysteries by Helen Chappell
Reporter and her deceased ex-husband solve crimes in Maryland.
- Grace & Favor Mysteries by Jill Churchill
Poor siblings inherit an estate on the Hudson River around 1930.
- Regan Reilly Mysteries by Carol Higgins Clark
The daughter of a famous author solves zany mysteries.
- Dixie Hemingway Mysteries by Blaize Clement
Running a pet-sitting business can apparently be dangerous, and Dixie gets herself into quite a few compromising situations.
- Dog Lover’s Mysteries by Susan Conant
Holly Winter, Dog’s Life columnist, sleuths in Massachusetts.
- Martha’s Vineyard Mysteries by Philip Craig
Retired Boston policeman J.W. Jackson solves the island’s crimes.
- Kate Fansler Mysteries by Amanda Cross
First woman professor in Harvard’s English department.
- Dorothy Martin Mysteries by Jeanne Dams
The American wife of the Chief Constable in an English village.
- Culinary Mysteries by Diane Mott Davidson
Goldy, a Colorado caterer, looks into her neighbors’ deaths.
- Midnight Louie Mysteries by Carole Douglas
Las Vegas PR exec Temple Barr & her cat with a nose for crime.
- Hannah Swensen Mysteries by Joanne Fluke
Owner of a bakery in Minnesota successfully puzzles through murder mysteries.
- Benni Harper Mysteries by Earlene Fowler
Benni is a folk art museum curator, quilter and ex-cowgirl.
- Jemima Shore Mysteries by Antonia Fraser
Britain’s most popular TV reporter investigates.
- Mrs. Pollifax Mysteries by Dorothy Gilman
After retirement, Mrs. Pollifax becomes a CIA operative.
- Markby and Mitchell Mysteries by Ann Granger
The chief inspector and his girlfriend from the Foreign Office.
- Home Repair Is Homicide series - Sarah Graves
Jacobia Tiptree is restoring a house on an island in Maine.
- Puzzle Lady Mysteries by Parnell Hall
A crossword puzzle writer in Connecticut and her aunt Cora.
- Doran Fairweather Series by Mollie Hardwick
An antiques dealer solves mysteries in modern rural England.
- Death on Demand Mysteries by Carolyn Hart
The Nevilles own a bookstore in South Carolina.
- Claire Malloy Mysteries by Joan Hess
Mother of teenage girls runs a bookstore in Arkansas.
- C.B. Greenfield Mysteries by Lucille Kallen
A Connecticut newspaper editor & Maggie, a reporter.
- Abe Lieberman Mysteries by Stuart Kaminsky
A Jewish policeman & his Irish sidekick solve mysteries in Chicago.
- Social Club Mysteries by Graham Landrum
Murders occur in garden clubs, etc., in a Southern town.
- Homer Kelly Mysteries by Jane Langton
A Harvard lit professor (formerly a police detective) and his wife.
- Bloodhound Mysteries by Virginia Lanier
Dog trainer and kennel owner solves mysteries set in Georgia.
- No. 1 Ladies’ Detective series - Alexander McCall Smith
Mma Ramotswe takes on missing person cases, etc. in Botswana.
- Elizabeth MacPherson series - Sharyn McCrumb
Humorous mysteries featuring a Southern forensic anthropologist.
- Savannah Reid Mysteries by G.A. McKevett
A Georgia peach who owns a detective agency in California.
- Deborah Knott Mysteries by Margaret Maron
A judge in small-town North Carolina is a bootlegger’s daughter.
- Roderick Alleyn Mysteries by Ngaio Marsh
The British inspector often investigates theatre murders.
- Deb Ralston Mysteries by Lee Martin
Fort Worth, TX policewoman solves crimes & supports a family.
- Lucy Stone Mysteries by Leslie Meier
A newspaper reporter investigates in scenic Tinker Cove, Maine.
- Tessa Crichton Mysteries by Anne Morice
Tessa solves crimes while pursuing her acting career.
- Faith Fairchild Mysteries by Katherine Hall Page
Massachusetts caterer/ minister’s wife solves crimes.
- Amelia Peabody Mysteries by Elizabeth Peters
A Victorian English archaeologist in Egypt.
- Brother Cadfael Mysteries by Ellis Peters
A Benedictine monk solves murders in medieval England.
- Eleanor Roosevelt Series by Elliott Roosevelt
The First Lady solves mysteries set in the early 20th century.
- Lord Peter Wimsey Series by Dorothy Sayers
Sleuthing is one of this English aristocrat’s hobbies.
- Samantha Adams Series by Sarah Shankman
A journalist from Atlanta solves crimes all over the South.
- Celia Grant Mysteries by John Sherwood
A widowed horticulturist in Sussex solves garden-themed cases.
- Sheila Travis Mysteries by Patricia Sprinkle
A PR executive originally from Chicago solves crimes in Atlanta.
- Callahan Garrity Mysteries by Kathy Trocheck
Former policewoman runs a house cleaning business in Atlanta.